About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Edgar Allan Poe Cottage




Pictures of me at the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage, The Bronx, New York, April 1997. Photos by Roman Scott.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this cottage existed until I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_qFVpF2mz4. I'm always interested in NYC history, I'm glad they preserved his house, although they moved it. I watched it in google street view and it looks a bit strange, that small old house in the middle of a modern suburban city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Rob. I'd wanted to see the place for a long time before I made it there. The cottage does feel at odds with its surroundings, but glad it survived the years, with help. The guide we had was enthusiastic -- mentioned rumors of people seeing ghosts inside the house.

    ReplyDelete