About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Portland in the Shortest Month, in 1993

Chinatown Gateway

Chinatown Gateway Lions

Cameron's Bookstore, and adjacent business of the day
At the Japanese American Historical Plaza






Photos by JF, taken in Portland, Oregon, February, 1993.

2 comments:

  1. Those gateway lions look amazing; standing about 7-8 feet tall I should think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ray, the lions are impressive! I might go by the gateway, in a week or two. The area feels less "Drugstore Cowboy," then it did then.

      Delete