About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sphinx Decoration/Memorial Day 1912



May 30th 1912
Dear Judge
On this day of memory. I will issue you your 10% interest in property, the picture of which you will find on other side. John Mc L

Addressed to Judge W.R. Biddle
Ft. Scott Kans

2 comments:

  1. That's a mysterious message... I don't have the foggiest what it means. Putting Judge W.R. Biddle in a search engine comes up with a few hits, scattered mentions in old newspapers and so on. Fort Scott and the surrounding areas of Kansas played an important role in the Civil War.

    ReplyDelete