About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Book of Srang Pages One and Two




Pages one and two of The Book of Srang

"Mason Riech" -- a misspelled rendition of child actor Mason Reese's name.

"Kintire" -- a reference to Paul McCartney and Wings' song Mull of Kintyre.  The friend who drew into being The Book of Srang and I had a fascination for this song. The place-name "Kintyre" is what intrigued us, just the sound of the word -- we knew nothing about the actual site. This reference dates The Book of Srang to late 1977 or sometime in 1978.

  "The Human Jukebox" -- a street performer my friend saw on a trip to San Francisco. My friend told me the musician sat in a large cardboard box. Drop in a coin and one would get a brief trumpet tune.



No comments:

Post a Comment