About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Nebraska, Three Decades Apart


Photo of me, Nebraska, March 1985


Nebraska State Capitol Building, Lincoln 

Visited Nebraska 30 years, almost to the day, from my first trip there. Omaha's Old Market district, explored after a walk on the Missouri's frore shores under the heat of the morning, yielded a couple copies of  Stuart David Schiff's Whispers. Cinnamon sake and pork belly ramen in Lincoln, and a view of the wind and trains and plains from the top of the capitol building. 


No comments:

Post a Comment