About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870.

Followers

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wandering in Berlin


Siegessäule, with Venus

Brandenburger Tor

Topography of Terror, Berlin Wall Remnant, Ministry of Finance/ Former Luftwaffe Headquarters 
 Soviet War Memorial
 
Alte Nationalgalerie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan, looks like you had a great trip around Europe. I enjoyed seeing your Berlin pictures very much, it's almost 30 years since I visited there and quite hard to picture now how places relate, so many changes in the intervening years. I'm fine thank you, just seem to have been busy and having a break from blogging (though unplanned). It's shocking how fast the weeks go by and then it's suddenly months since I posted anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, glad you're well. A friend of mine visited West and East Berlin in the late 80s, but I didn't get there until the 2000s. I found it pretty easy to get around since a lot of the landmarks are visible by line of sight (the main train station, parliament, etc.). I also enjoyed my first trip to London as part of the trip, pretty smooth sailing for the most part there. I can identify with being busy. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete