About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wandering in Berlin


Siegessäule, with Venus

Brandenburger Tor

Topography of Terror, Berlin Wall Remnant, Ministry of Finance/ Former Luftwaffe Headquarters 
 Soviet War Memorial
 
Alte Nationalgalerie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan, looks like you had a great trip around Europe. I enjoyed seeing your Berlin pictures very much, it's almost 30 years since I visited there and quite hard to picture now how places relate, so many changes in the intervening years. I'm fine thank you, just seem to have been busy and having a break from blogging (though unplanned). It's shocking how fast the weeks go by and then it's suddenly months since I posted anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, glad you're well. A friend of mine visited West and East Berlin in the late 80s, but I didn't get there until the 2000s. I found it pretty easy to get around since a lot of the landmarks are visible by line of sight (the main train station, parliament, etc.). I also enjoyed my first trip to London as part of the trip, pretty smooth sailing for the most part there. I can identify with being busy. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete