About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Eruption of Mt. St. Helens, May 18, 1980

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I recall the years after, when the blast's aftermath powdered the Oregon grape, the timing for me out of a Hermann Hesse or Robert Musil tale.
 

2 comments:

  1. I like your one line poem - any particular Hesse tale or just the general feel of his work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray -- I had the general feel of Hesse's work in mind, perhaps the kind of changes and challenges when entering into young adulthood which he often described. The time of the eruption was a sort of transition time for me, if only through coincidence.

    ReplyDelete