About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Indian House

666 Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here




An old Native American and his wife, and their hybrid, green-eyed wolf-dog dwelt in the above cot at one time, when I lived for a time in the area (western end of the Columbia River Gorge).  I went by the place last week.


If you see 666 ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE on the door of a house in a remote spot surrounded by heavy woods, a word to the wise, do NOT go in!  I got close enough to take this picture.  From here, I heard what sounded like loud running water inside, as if a brook ran through the building somewhere.  No one had apparently yet breached the door when I was last there three years ago. Previous post on the matter:  Sun standing still.   At that time three years past, although the home was long empty, the porch light still glowed.


One way of getting to the squat campsite of 1983-84. 

No comments:

Post a Comment