About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Even Spring Has the Night



Even Spring Has the Night

Skin like the Thames, the Shard’s beacon yoked to the Surrealist show at the Tate Modern.
White nights on Jomfruland, goose whistled past dawn, Venus frosty above Christiania,
My hare legs in slippers, Carnatic as a stave kirk, toward Herre, Norway to yearn,
Are the kids bothering you, the canal banked no horses, “time is everything.”
Time veined the truth, out to the churchyard I waded, toward lichen we turned.

JF 2 May, 2015


Photo:  Herre, Norway,  13 April, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment