About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Friday, May 8, 2015

70th Anniversary of VE Day


T-34 tank outside Soviet War Memorial, Berlin, April 2015


Reichstag, Berlin, April 2015

6 comments:

  1. Your certainly covering some ground, Jonathan. It's interesting following your journey and I'm enjoying the photographs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the comment, Ray. Glad you liked the pictures. I've been back in the USA for several weeks now. I just used those photos for their relevance to VE Day. But the trip was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, I've been there twice, but didn't climb inside the dome. Long lines, or queues as the British would write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I noticed that too. Amazing long lines, every day, standing at the lawn in front of the building. So at my last day I got up very early and then I had to wait only 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll go there if I visit Berlin again.

    ReplyDelete