About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1942

 
Enlargement of a yearbook track team photograph of my father from 1942. The photo had lain in oblivion for decades until I uncovered it some years ago in the Milwaukie (Oregon) High School Library. I noticed a number of Japanese American students in the 1941 yearbook. In the 1942 yearbook, there were none.

2 comments:

  1. Fine picture of your father. I wonder if any of those Japanese students ever returned to Milwaukie after the war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I imagine a few of them may have returned.

    ReplyDelete