About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Pathseeker unleashed this Earth of Mankind, Mules and Side Effects




Some of the books I gleaned at the local library's book sale last week. I dowsed some serendipitous finds, including This Earth of Mankind by Indonesian author  Pramoedya Ananta Toer (This Earth of Mankind... As opposed to this earth of ... the aliens?  Yaaaaah!) A Groff Conklin-edited anthology, Zora Neale Hurston's Mules and Men, The Pathseeker by Imre Kertész, and a boxed set by Woody Allen (one of my high school English teachers used to read to us pieces from Side Effects once in a while).


I also procured this Günter Grass collection and 1959 Mad anthology.


2 comments:

  1. Library sales are good for great finds and good prices! Sounds like you unearthed some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, Lisa. I just happened across this one. They sold books by the bagful (or individually), quite inexpensive. I filled two shopping bags with books.

    ReplyDelete