About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Liege

A postcard, and photo (I have posted the portrait before), from Liège, Belgium. I bought the card in Amsterdam.

2 comments:

  1. I used to see a lot of these type of photos on London market stalls when I was younger, some of then quiet cheap. Unfortunately I didn't think to buy them. Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There used to be an antique store here where I bought a number of old photos and postcards, but that one went out of business. I've only been through Belgium by train, and didn't get a chance to look around, unfortunately. Liege appears to have a number of worthwhile sights, and festivals.

      Delete