About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wicker Portrait, 1921

 
 
 


 
Left to right:  My great-great grandfather (from Scotland), great-aunt, second cousin, and great-grandmother (from Scotland).  Milwaukie, Oregon, 1921.

2 comments:

  1. Great photograph, really like it.
    I find the 'A Trip Journal' interesting. Download the pages when they appear so I can read them easily, and keep them in a folder so I can reread and refer back. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ray. My great-great grandfather looked pretty determined, but I know little about him. I'm pleased that you like "A Trip Journal." It has a different approach from something I would write now. The uploading is going slow at the moment due to my schedule.

    ReplyDelete