About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Colin Wilson's The Occult


Jacket from my well-utilized book club (!) edition of The Occult (1971), by

Colin Wilson

 

2 comments:

  1. I recognise Nostradamus and Rasputin. The Gurdjieff fellow looks like he takes his occult job very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Gurdjieff's Meetings with Remarkable Men, a thought-provoking book, years ago. And yes, he does look like a serious guru.

      Delete