About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hamm, Germany



At the monument to my great, great, great- uncle Adalbert Falk, on September 17, 2018 (and many thanks to Dr. Ute Knopp, and Mr. Markus Meinold, who took me to the site, among other places; and thanks to everyone else who helped). Adalbert Falk is also the ancestor after whom I named this blog.

2 comments:

  1. That's intriguing! So he was a Prussian minister and he worked with Bismarck. At least his statue survived WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rob! Good to hear from you. I viewed a lot of archival material, and a number of sites associated with Adalbert Falk (and a portrait of him), thanks to my hosts. That's correct; he was also president of the supreme court for the region, at one time. Yes, the monument has survived a lot, including two world wars.

      Delete