About Me

My photo
Adalbert is a forum for me, to post ephemera, photography, poetry, occasional travel notes, and various spontaneous motions. Cover photo: Parsonage where my great-grandfather spent his early years. Taken near Liegnitz, Silesia, ca. 1870. The "xothique" portion of the web address is a nod to Clark Ashton Smith's fictional continent of Zothique.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pony, Montana, 1909








Text
Pony, mont. oct. 13, 1909

Dear Mattie, well I got your postle card.  Well I am as good as boys can be, and you no how good that is?  When you get this card you will think that you are in Pony, at our house.  Tell aunt Jennie the next card I am going to write to her. I go to school every day. 
Yours lovingly Bert.

Addressed to Miss M. Ferguson
1126 Nevada Ave.
S. Butte
Mont.





4 comments:

  1. Nothing has changed; today Pony is a semi-ghost town. I wouldn't mind visiting it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleepy little place by the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture, without colour it looks really stark. Bert's comments are funny...'and you no how good that is'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture is full of atmosphere, I also like the old-time light globe (or transformer?) on the wire. I no just what you mean.

    ReplyDelete